Thursday 2 April 2009

Trying again...

35 days after I had my uterus 'evacuated' Aunt Flo made a reappearance and so restarting the whole process that had got us here in the first place. It was time to have 'the chat'. Not the embarassasing birds and bees chat that I had somehow managed to avoid from my childhood but the one where we decided if it was time to put ourselves back through the same anguish, terror and unparalleled joy that counting those 2 lines would hold.

As I have previously mentioned the recession had taken a firm grip of our business and we were now buckling under the pressure. By this point it came down to the banks and the promise that they would be helping out small business during the hard times. Unfortunately we had already been turned down once by our own bank and were now grasping at straws by approaching a new bank. Surely no one is going to take on a new company that made a loss in its first year and who's first transaction would be taking out a £50,000 loan?

We were in a perilous financial situation and owed my Father in Law more money than I care to mention, of course he took this to mean he has complete control of our lives and this means dictating no more children. Our heads knew this was sensible but my heart could not bear the thought of giving up on what we had been through so much for. Every time I thought about not trying anymore I felt like everything we had been through had been for nothing. I had been through the worst time in my life and would have nothing to show for it!

Another thing you need to know about me other than my addiction to POAS is that if someone tells me not to do something you can pretty much predict I will do the opposite. A fact my Father in Law doesn't seem to understand.

The new baby ban made me want it more than ever. I decided this was a decision my Husband and I should make on our own and one that my Father in Law has zero say in. We discussed and WE decided it would be for the best if we waited until we knew what would be happening with our business before we tried again. It was a difficult decision but ultimately the right one.

A few days later and after a brief biology lesson I explained why I couldn't get pregnant this early in my cycle and successfully seduced him. As you may remember in the cycle during which I got pregnant I had a suspicion I ovulated early, something proved to be correct by my otherwise immaculate conception. It turned out this was not an anomoly caused by messed up hormones as history repeated itself and again I found myself ovulating on day 10 of my cycle. I contacted my Husband unsure of his reaction since I had assured him nothing would come of our earlier dalliance.

Later on that evening I recieved a Guiness fuelled message explaining his desperation to have a baby. Who cares about not having money, living with parents and having a handy-me-down buggy. We love each other, had come through the trials and tribulations of recent months stronger and happier than before and we need nothing else.

Baby making was back on the menu!

Today I am at 9 days past ovulation and have plans to indulge in my favourite past time of POAS on Sunday morning when we can eagerly await the results and celebrate/commiserate together.

I'll keep you updated...

No comments:

Post a Comment